Security & Privacy
Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is a top priority for Philadelphia Security Products, Inc. We take our commitment to protecting the confidentiality of your non-public personal information very seriously.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our web site you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our web site.
- Credit Card Information
- If you choose to purchase products from us, you may need to give personal information and authorization to obtain information from various credit services. For example, you may need to provide the following information:
- credit card number, expiration date and security code
- name of the credit card holder
- mailing address of record for the credit card account
- email address
- home and/or business phone number
- Email Information
- If you choose to correspond further with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
- Web Site Use Information
- Our web site utilizes a standard technology called "cookies" and web server logs to collect information about how our web sites are used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, and the time spent at our web site. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
We use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Product announcements, changes to our web site, and other information we deem valuable to our customers may be sent via email. Inclusion on our outgoing email distribution list is controlled exclusively by the customer. The customer may remove themselves at anytime from the distribution list by simply following the unsubscribe instructions found on every email message.
How Do We Secure the Information You Provide?
- SSL Encryption
- The Thawte SSL certificate we use on our web sites assures that information is kept private between your web browser and our web server. When you send confidential personal credit card information to us on our web site, secure server software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. The information is scrambled en route and decoded once it reaches our server. Other email that you may send to us may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures will be in place prior to your transmitting the information. For that reason, we ask that you do not send confidential information such as account numbers to us through an unsecured email.
- PCI Compliance
- In order to protect credit card holder information collected by merchants, the Payment Card Industry (PCI) which includes Visa, Mastercard and American Express issued data security standard requirements for, merchants and service providers that store, process or transmit credit card holder data. To demonstrate compliance with the PCI Data Security Standard, merchants and service providers are required to validate and conduct a network security scan on a regular basis as defined by the PCI Security Standards Council. Philadelphia Security Products, Inc. has been certified to be PCI compliant by an authorized third party certifying company.
What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.